Monday, September 7, 2009

Judgement Day

The day every 17 year old girl fears.

When every hair must be perfectly in place.
Earrings must dangle precisely.
Shoes must match to a tee.
And every article of clothing is planned out weeks in advance.

The first day of school.

It's all about making that first impression.
The impression that is critical to your social status for the rest of the year.
This could make you or break you.

Which is why I sit here. In my plaid polka dot pajamas.
On my closet floor. Surrounded by every piece of clothing I own.
Fretting over things that will one day be of such little importance.
But are imperative to my life at the moment.

Tomorrow is my last first day of highschool.
Yes. I'm a senior.

Thank heavens it's almost over.

Because now it's back to the popular-ites,
the dumb yet oh so gorgeous boys,
and the perils of school.
I'm not so sure I'm ready for the crazy,
and heaven knows dramatic,
days at my dear ol' school.

But as my parents keep telling me: I have no choice.
Bascially I'm being forced against my own free will.

(imagine a schrinched up "i rather eat dog food than go to school" face. yes. that's what i look like right now.)

Despite my whining and complaining,
My alarm is set for way too early.
My pencils are sharpened.
There are even batteries in my calculator.

180 more days.
Only 180 days.
Wish me luck!! (groan)


-Miss Addie.

P.S. any suggestions on what I should wear!?

No comments:

Post a Comment